To setup UltraVNC with routers, I've found http://www.portforward.com/
indispensible. It's got a large inventory of specific router setups that
I used recently to get through a problem case (DSL modem which does some
router things, such as NAT, but isn't really a router)

A problem I have run into using VNC based products is they can conflict
with each other. Crossloop, case in point, changed VNC server options to
it's liking under the covers, which killed using UltraVNC until this was
discovered (hours later!).

On Crossloop, the current release supports file transfer, but for
whatever reason using it I was getting 5kps, i.e. a crawl, so I dropped
using it altogether in favor of UltraVNC.

I have to try the Java/browser option - that sounds intriguing for
giving demo's without having to install anything on client machines.

Bill