From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of MB Software Solutions
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:08 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Add items to listbox problem

James E Harvey wrote:
> I'm trying to allow users to add date to a listbox on the fly.  The data
is
> coming from textboxes on the form where the user enters data, and then
> clicks an "Add" button.
>
> This code is in the method for the click.
>
> with thisform.hscntcode
>       .hslstprint.additem(.hstxtcode.value)
>       .hslstprint.list[1,2] = .hstxtdesc.value
>       .hslstprint.list[1,3] = transform(.hstxtamount.value)
> Endwith
>

> It works for the first item, but not subsequent items as the
> ".hslstprint.list[1,2]" is problematic.
>
> Can't figure how to increment the "1" after .list which is what positions
> the value in the listbox.

If I understand your question correctly, you need to check out the
NewItemID property.  Here's a snippet of code that I use sometimes to
populate dropdowns (which should work as well with a listbox iirc):

    SELECT vluEstimators
    SCAN
        this.AddItem(vluEstimators.cFullName)
        this.AddListItem(ALLTRIM(STR(vluEstimators.iid)),this.NewItemId,2)
    ENDSCAN

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC