Rick Schummer wrote:
>>> I also don't like the fact that the VCXs get bloat, whereas the benefit of
>>> the SCXs is that they
>>>
> don't bloat.<<
>
> Both VCXs and SCX suffer from DBF bloat during normal development since both
> store properties and
> code in memos. Once you do a Rebuild ALL, VFP will PACK them as they are
> compiled. You can also PACK
> both with the Class Browser, or write a simple program to do the same.
>
> Or are you referring to some other kind of bloat?

I thought that you had to occasionally pack the VCXs but not the SCXs.
The VCXs kept the deleted records but the SCX purged them upon saving
every time.  I admit I didn't delve into this to prove it, but was going
on recollections of the past.  ??    I like to use the VCXs to store
objects that I'll use in the SCXs.  ymmv.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC