[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> The actions by the oil companies today in questioning global warming
>> is very much like the efforts of the tobacco industry to constantly
>> cast doubt on the connection between smoking and various diseases,
>> even when overwhelming evidence showed the connection to be true.
>>

> I think Ed inadvertently hit upon the problem  My scepticism about 'global
> warming' has nothing to do with the oil companies... but it acceptance is
> often tied to the hatred of them.  It's actually hatred of business and love
> of the non-productive academics who sit in their ivory towers rendering
> disdainful opinions of the common people down below.
Name *specific* examples of the following:

Persons or companies who hate business.
Persons who love "non productive academics"
Persons who are "non productive academics"
Persons who sit in specific ivory towers and their locations.
People or companies who render disdainful opinions of the common people.

These people or companies have to fall into all five categories. No peeking.

Ed quoted...Scientific American. You're quoting whom?

Bill