>When the dollar is weak against other currency, US assets like land,
>housing, factories, financial institutions, and buildings become
>attractive investment targets by foreign companies and wealthy
>individuals like ME oil barrens.  The US could win all the preemptive
>wars in the world,  but they would be hollow victory ,if it lead to our
>country being sold out to foreign companies and foreigners of immense
>wealth.

So it would be better if assets like real estate, etc. were priced high... it
would also be priced high for US citizens... like taking away the American
dream of home ownership.  We can deal with foreign investment the way many of
our competitors do.. but we are so greedy, we want their money so we take it
and give away our birthright.  Go down to Mexico and try to buy some prime real
estate as an American citizen!

Freedom and openness are what we stand for in this country, but it should not
be applied to those from outside who have interests other than our own.

So, if we get some common sense in dealing with foreign nationals... what would
be the problem.  Jacking up the prices is not the answer.

Larry Miller

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---