From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Peter Hart
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT: Office 2003/07

HI all

I am building 3 new computers for one of my larger client companies.

I tried to purchase 3 Copies of Office 2003 from my usual suppliers and have
been told that Office Small Business OEM 2003 is no longer available and
would need to supply 2007. They can get it but the price has been increased
to £189.00 from £126.00.  So, I first tried my other suppliers to be told
the same thing.  Went back to my client who said no way.  What other
solutions available.  What did I think about Open Office.  Any way they have
decided that from now on they will go for Open Office and forget Microsoft.
Is this a suicide bid by Microsoft.  There is no way that my Clients will
upgrade to Vista in the near future and are already asking about Linux.  At
my age its to late to build the skill necessary to support Linux so may end
up loosing a major Client.  Their accounts system is a specially built Unix
system for Tractor Suppliers and it never causes them a problem, so they are
already more than happy that Linux would work better for them.

Cheers

Peter
Peter Hart Computers