Hi all

Completely off topic this one.

I've inherited some really neat PHP code today which takes a UK postcode
(zipcode!) and looks in a database to find the nearest database record with
that postcode. The php code is basically for entering your postcode and
finding where the nearest stockist is to your location. It does this by
using the Ordnance Survey X/Y coordinates and looking up the first part of
the postcode "LE4" to find the X/Y.
Mainland UK postcodes can be easily looked up with
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?GridConvert?name=CV32%204AT&type=Po
stcode

The code works really well but before I port it to VFP I've tested it with
Jersey (little place between the mainland uk and france!) and it fails.
Although I have the JE2 postcode I can't find anywhere which publishes the
OS x/y for the channel islands.

Would anyone happen to know if Ordnance Survey is one of the quirky mainland
uk things or where i can find OS cordinates for outside the mainland uk.

ps if anybody wants the php code let me know!

Cheers
Graham