Ken,

>> However, using it makes the object that contains it incompatible with
previous VFP versions (ie., forms won't open).<<

This is only if the MemberData is more than 254 characters, and only the class
(not the entire class
library) or form with the limit broken are unusable in VFP 8 and earlier. The
problem is VFP 8 and
earlier cannot handle more than 254 character property values in the Property
Sheet.

Naturally, it does not take long before the MemberData XML can get large. The
good news is you can
use Global MemberData to reduce the size of the local MemberData. The Global
MemberData is stored in
the FoxCode table (IntelliSense).

I am interested in the performance problems. I have not seen this myself so I
am curious when the
performance becomes an issue. Is the performance with IntelliSense?

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com
www.swfox.net