On Thursday 25 October 2007 01:31, Man-wai Chang wrote:
> Why isn't there such an option? Or did I miss something?

Hi Man-wai!

Seems I remember something about the remote deactivation of M$ stuff any time
they damn well like. I think it came about in the revised EULA of Win2K SP 3.
Slipped a new EULA into a service pack! You have to admire them for their
evil genius!

One day your OS or other M$ product just *doesn't* work. The cure is to buy a
new computer or at least a new version of whatever M$ wants you to buy this
week. This can happen at any time, with or without warning.

So, no need for any user option, M$ isn't about that anyway.

Don't hold out your $$$$ on the Redmond Nazis, they have "vays" to get your
money!
--
Regards,

Pete