That's the one I'm having problems with.

JH

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Matthew Jarvis
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 5:07 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: EZTwain problem

John Harvey wrote:
> Anyone ever use the EZTwain active x for VFP? I'm trying to use it and it
is
> crashing the system when trying to enumerate the scanners.
>
> JH

This doesn't directly address your problem, but the product by Dosadi
(we use the Pro version) is pretty straighforward. Our Shipping Dept
uses it to scan docs as bikes leave the line, then we toss the docs...

It's done on-demand from a web page w/ a perl script constantly
running... but I took it home one time and had VFP8 doing some stuff
with it. I didn't have a scanner but I think I was havng it activate
some piece of equipment or something... I just can't remember...

IIRC they a) try before you buy and b) not ActiveX... but I'm sure it
wouldn't break your heart to NOT use ActiveX would it?

Matthew S. Jarvis
IT Manager
Bike Friday - "Performance that Packs."
www.bikefriday.com