Hi all

I have one copy of Word 2K installed in the usual place on C - it was installed
to this location from Win98, Win2K and WinXP which are in three different
partitions.

Word runs fine from Win98 and Win2K but resfuses to start when run from XP -
the splash screen comes up and never disappears.  The main word screen appears
but completely blank and all I can do is use task manager to shut it down.

I have tried (i) repairing the office installation (ii) reinstalling office and
(iii) completely unistalling and then reinstalling office.

I have made sure that it is not a template problem (Normal.DOT) and that there
are no COM add-ins.

I have also checked various registry entries and these also seem to be OK.

I have tried to make sure that it is not a printer (driver) problem

I am completely stuck so any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Paul Newton