Matthew Jarvis wrote:
> Has anyone ever come up with a way to have a SQL statement add a line at
> the end that consists of totals of all the previous lines? Is something
> like that even possible?
>
> For example, if this would be the result of my SQL code:
>
> ID    Name    Amount  Tax
>
> 4     Matt    3       .10
> 2     Joe     2       .10
> 5     Tim     6       .10
>

> It would be convenient to have it come out like this:
>
> ID    Name    Amount  Tax
>
> 4     Matt    3       .10
> 2     Joe     2       .10
> 5     Tim     6       .10
> Total         11      .30

AFAIK that is not possible.  The reason being that Select SQL queries
are either summary OR detailed.  So you can have the detail lines OR the
summary line but not both.  You could do it if you selected into a
cursor readwrite, then added the summary line afterwards.  It could get
awkward for summary totals as well as a grand total.

The report writer does this sort of thing very easily.

Peter