I have been working with EVDO modems to establish broadband links in remote
areas and am wishing for a programmers manual for one of the current EVDO modem
devices.  I have the command to request a signal strength reading but the
reported value goes through some kind of smoothing that makes the response to
changes in signal levels take several seconds.  This makes it difficult to use
signal strength for antenna alignment.

The devices apparently distinguish between different types of signals from
different towers because the Sprint connection manager reports two different
signals with different levels at some locations.

I would like a command to report details on all available towers and one to
choose a single tower to have the device report the instantaneous signal
strength without smoothing.

I may need sign up as a Sprint developer to get access to this info.  Does
anyone have any info or alternative suggestions?

TIA,

 Joe Yoder

multipart/alternative
  text/html