MB wrote

Subject: Re: [NF] Windows has recovered from serious error

> This makes me wonder yet again:  what's the best way to transfer this

> entire disk image to a new PC so that I can pick up right where I left

> off, instead of having to reinstall everything and start from scratch

> once again?  I thought the answer was Norton Ghost, but conversations

> here in the past (iirc) have made me question that idea.

Have a look at LapLink Mover.  I use it a lot when I supply a new
computer and the client wants software moved from the old computer to a
new one.

I warn them that they should not move OEM software and then let them get
on with the move.  Works OK every time for me except when the new
machine is running a different OS to the old one.  Haven't supplied
Vista very much at all but on the occasion I have found it better to
install from the original disks. At least then I know that the
application needs to be upgraded for use with Vista.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Hart Computers

multipart/alternative