Paul Hill wrote:
> Do you use Avast by any chance?

No, I use AVG for a/v, ZAP for firewall/spyware, and on rare occasion I
run Lavasoft's AdAware.

>> This makes me wonder yet again:  what's the best way to transfer this
>> entire disk image to a new PC so that I can pick up right where I left
>> off, instead of having to reinstall everything and start from scratch
>> once again?  I thought the answer was Norton Ghost, but conversations
>> here in the past (iirc) have made me question that idea.
>>

> Ghost works for me.  However you will probably encounter problems if
> the new machine has different hardware...

Well, the chances of different hardware are usually 99%, given that the
machine is 5 years old, wouldn't you say?  I'd bet that rarely is the
hardware the same (especially for ISVs)!

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC