Charlie Coleman wrote:

> As for there "cost of change", yep, every time MS releases a patch, there
> are hundreds of man-hours at each MS-using site that get spent trying to
> mitigate the damage.
So you're saying EVERY time MS release a patch then EVERY MS-using site
has to spend hours mitigating the damage, because every patch causes
problems? Patently untrue. The vast majority of MS patches cause
absolutely no problems to the vast majority of the millions of computers
they roll out onto. And in my admittedly relatively brief experience in
the Linux world I've had plenty of updates and patches screwing things
up too. It's the law of averages.