The CODE Focus magazine for VFP8 has an article about the XMLAdapter.

I attempted to use it once but it did not like the schema file.

I used MSXMLDOM to parse out what I needed instead.

oxml = CREATEOBJECT("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

oxml.async=.F.

oXML.loadXML(FILETOSTR(m.cFile))

oLife = oXML.documentElement.childNodes(1).childNodes(9)

FOR EACH o IN oLife.childnodes

cType = o.basename