-----Original Message-----
From: Vince Teachout
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 7:00 PM

I've seen this happen several times, but finally have a short enough code
snippet to demo it.
I'm running vfp9 , sp1 on XP.

In the following code, qsql() is simply a wrapper that gets a handle and
runs a sqlexec, returns the result, and Messageboxes the error, if any.
Used it for years, runs fine, runs fine here.  (just explaining what it
does)
Here's ALL of the code in the PRG:

--------------------------------
CLEAR

nfoo = qsql("SELECT P32_cpordch.impress, p32_cpordch.chap_price,
P32_cpordch.CHAP_ISBN, P32_iread.ITEMCOUNT, P32_iread.ITEMTYPE " + ;
     "from P32_cpordch inner join p32_iread on p32_cpordch.chap_isbn =
p32_iread.chap_isbn " + ;
     "Where p32_cpordch.order_no = 96940471","bob")

? nfoo

BROWSE

What happens, and this has happened to me several times before, is that the
code just Stops when it hits the browse command, until I press any key -
then the browse pops up.  I can sit for minutes, and nothing will happen
until I press a key.  It will print the number 1 immediately (successful
result of qsql) and then stop.  Luckily, it only seems to
happen when I'm running code interactively.   Also, it doesn't happen at
all some times, and then happens every time at other times.

Has anyone seen or heard anything like this?