>>      I'm curious: did the FoxRockX people buy the rights to the FoxTalk
>> stuff? Or are they using
it without permission? If they have the rights to the material, why shouldn't
they be allowed to
re-purpose it, just as Pinnacle did originally?<<

Yes, Rainer bought the FoxTalk archives lock stock and barrel From Eli, and is
fulfilling the
balance of the FoxTalk subscriptions with FoxRockX. Right from the FoxRockX
homepage:

"We are proud to welcome you to the first issue of a new magazine dedicated to
FoxPro, FoxRockX! As
you may know we have taken over, and will be fulfilling, all existing
subscriptions to FoxTalk 2.0
from Eli Journals (formerly Pinnacle Publishing). FoxRockX will also act as the
successor to FoxPro
Advisor for those parts of the world where we fulfill those subscriptions."

I cannot say what other authors of FoxTalk signed, but the contract I signed
with each and every
magazine publisher including Pinnacle Publishing says they have the rights to
republish my work they
paid for in any form they want to.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.