I'll take a stab at this one ...

Even if Rainer's company has full rights to republish, long drawn out legal
battles can take a toll on anyone. I was falsely accused of poisoning my son
by me ex-husband and it took me over a year and a half to fight that battle
in the court system and tens of thousands of dollars. The accusation had
absolutely no basis and they had no evidence what-so-ever. I even had
documents showing my son was tested for poisons and they were all negative.
Yet because the accusation was made, I was sucked into the court battle and
had no choice but to spend the time and the money to retain custody of my
children. So my guess is that it's not worth the battle just to publish
articles by one individual who wants to raise a stink.

Cathy

>>According to John, he has no recollection of signing an author agreement.

>>But hey, look...if Rainer/Whil can affirmatively demonstrate that they
have contractual ownership, if JVP's memory isn't complete and he did
actually sign away rights to the content, then that would seem to end
the discussion of John's claim.

>>But once again I'll ask - if Rainer felt confident about the issue, then
why the need for the Wiki post, why tell everyone that content from JVP
might not be available, and why didn't they immediately assert that they
clearly owned rights?

>>If I contractually owned rights to something, and someone approached me
in the way that JVP approached them, my response would certainly be very
different.