On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Paul McNett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Nope, it is still an empty article (Firefox on Mac).

Try:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/22

and click on "The Ozzie Memo" -- no, wait, that's broken, too, there's
ugly bits in the URL. Try (watch the wrap!)

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/22/the-ozzie-memo%e2%80%94software-is-dead-long-live-the-web/

Even if you could read it, it's an empty article. Microsoft announces
that they have innovated "The Mesh" -- what Steve Jobs called the
Digital Hub five years ago, only MS-centric. The mashups that Google
and Yahoo and everyone else have been doing for years, only
MS-centric. Brilliant insights include:

"1. The Web is the Hub of our social mesh and our device mesh."

Yeah, and...?

"2. The Power of "Choice" as business moves to embrace the cloud."

Choice? Who's been banging that drum? And MS puts in in airquotes. MS
Choice: Take it or Leave it.

"3.Small Pieces Loosely Joined for developers, within the cloud and
across a world of devices."

SPLJ was a very good book, but this is a terrible redefinition of it.

Nothing to see here, move along...

I thought Ozzie's memo from 2005 [1] was more insightful, though it's
quite dated now. I think the Borg is assimilating him...

[1] http://www.scripting.com/disruption/ozzie/theinternetservicesdisruptio.htm

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC