(I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it)

http://tinyurl.com/4t6oy4

- - -
A good friend of mine wrote an exultant article saying Barack Obama had done
us the huge favour of moving America into a "post-Clinton" era.

No more would the happy couple be able to inflict themselves on us. We were
free from Lanny Davis and Harold Ickes and Howard Wolfson and Hillary's
ghastly brothers and all the easy money riff-raff who had benefited from
Clinton's last minute pardons.

As I read it I was hit with the queasy realisation I didn't believe a word
of it. My friend Congressman Steve Cohen was forced to apologise the other
day for comparing the former First Lady to Glenn Close rising from the
bathtub in Fatal Attraction.

It's actually been more like a movie about an unkillable swamp creature or
lagoon dweller.

And the morning after the last two primaries Lanny Davis was circulating a
petition in the Democratic party to attach her to the Obama ticket.

"Good grief," I found myself muttering. "Is there no end to this woman and
her overweening ambition?"

Well, THAT was a dumb question and no mistake.

Her performance in New York on Tuesday night was positively flabbergasting.
Having won South Dakota, she congratulated that state on having "the last
word"- while Montana's results were still being counted.

She congratulated Mr Obama all right but not for having won by securing the
majority of delegates.

She let it be known that she would accept the vice presidential nomination
without ceasing to count herself a candidate for the Presidential one.

And she demanded - wait for it - "respect" for the 18 million people who had
voted for her. In other words, unless she gets a great deal of care and
feeding and pampering, 18 million Americans will have been dissed.

The nerve. The nerve is really quite something.

In Washington yesterday, at the same pro-Israel podium at which Mr Obama
spoke earlier, Mrs Clinton spoke of the man who has un precedentedly won the
nomination as if he was just another Senator, like her, just another friend
of Israel, like her.

There was a time one might have expected a Jewish audience to be asked to
applaud the choice of the first black American nominee but Mrs Clinton
couldn't find it in herself to be quite that gracious.

Indeed, if any one thing has exposed the hollowness and rottenness of the
Clintons it is the almost casual way they have ignored their old black
friends and allies to pursue a Clintonian version of a white backlash
"southern strategy". Nothing is excluded if it serves the cause of the great
entitlement.

>From 16 years of polemics against this dynasty, I had acquired a huge shelf
of anti-Clinton books and even written one myself in an effort to get the
poison out of my system. For about 10 seconds after Iowa I thought of
tossing them out. But now I think I'll have to hold on to my arsenal. I
shall be needing it again.

Perhaps it's a Jaws-type movie I'm trying to think of. Like a Great White
Shark, Mrs Clinton will never stop her relentless predations until the very
end.
- - -

It's nice to see many liberals these days coming around to the obvious truth
about the Clintons, and watch them systematically sticking it to the
Entitled One in her bitter hour of realization that her party doesn't want
her, not really, not if ANYBODY else, even an empty suit with shady friends
and radical connections like Obama, can possibly be its nominee instead.

For too many, though, it's 16 years too late.

- Bob