> > It's deeper than that--it's about loving the creation more than the
> creator,
> > and becoming so far gone in self-love and man-worship that God
> basically
> > hands you over to your delusion. You're pretty far gone if you're
> gone that
> > far, and it's a hard way back (not for God but for you)--and this is
> why I
> > said they would weep rather than celebrate, if they knew what they
> were
> > really worshipping and to whom they were really giving glory with
> this
> > "marriage." They clearly have no spiritual discernment at all, at
> least not
> > any Christian spiritual discernment.
> >

> So you're telling us you were never in love with your wife, or with any
> other person ever.

Not so. Just that love of God must be greater than love of mankind, or any
particular person, or created thing--even one's wife, or child, or parents.
(Matt 10:37)

It would be bad, for example, if my wife became for me an object of worship
(or vice versa), replacing God as it were in my heart, soul and mind. As it
is, I love her more deeply than I do any other living person, and our souls
are tied, and we are one flesh. And we both love our children and sacrifice
mightily to raise them as best we can. But she is not my God, and I am not
hers.

> Sad.

No, Ricardo, you just don't know what you're talking about in spiritual
matters, being carnally minded and therefore hostile to the very idea of
God, much less His Person. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

But I love you anyway, because God loves you anyway! (Romans 5:8)

:)

- Bob