I hope going into the 2008 general election we do not forget how the USA
got into the mess she is in today. I also hope the American people take
a very close look at John McCain to ensure he is not a Neoconservative,
or someone that could be easily manipulated by Neocons.

In the article at the end of the link below, it is interesting the
Neocons originally back John McCain in the 2000 elections. That was
before it became obvious the GW Bush would be the republican nominee and
Dick Cheney would be closely involved with the GW Bush Administration.

#-----------------------------------------------------
Excerpt:

How did the neocon defense intellectuals – a small group at odds with
most of the U.S. foreign policy elite, Republican as well as Democratic
– manage to capture the Bush administration? Few supported Bush during
the presidential primaries. They feared that the second Bush would be
like the first – a wimp who had failed to occupy Baghdad in the first
Gulf War and who had pressured Israel into the Oslo peace process – and
that his administration, again like his father's, would be dominated by
moderate Republican realists such as Powell, James Baker and Brent
Scowcroft. They supported the maverick senator John McCain until it
became clear that Bush would get the nomination.

#---------------------------------------

I can't remember if the following, which I paraphrase, originated with
Leo Strauss, who was the father of Neoconservatism, or was taught by Leo
Strauss form the works of Nicolo Machiavelli, but it goes something like
this:

Don't tell the people you want to exterminate them. Campaign with a
message that will bring you the people's vote. Then, after you are
elected you can fulfill the desires of your heart.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/lind1.html

Regards,

LelandJ