On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:35 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I don't like nuclear energy; because, nuclear energy, and its by
> >products, are toxic to all forms of life.  Nuclear energy can be erratic
> >and unpredictable.  It requires much more regulation, supervision,
> >backup systems, and security that other forms of energy, because it is
> >so dangerous.  Even if all the required systems are in place, accidents
> >still seem to happen.
>
> Spoken like someone who doesn't understand nuclear and has never been
> around it.  I spent five years working with nuke plants... some time on
> site.  I felt safer there than downtown Richmond VA at night.  What you
> have, at least at these plants, was an attitude among the workers that
> nothing was going to happen on their watch.  Many are ex-navy who take pride
> in their work.  I know, this is not the standard at other businesses.  The
> only thing some might find disconcerting are the guards wandering around
> carrying some pretty heavy hardware.
>
> We have a storage solution, it's in the middle of nowhere, but Dingy Harry
> Reid et al are refusing to let us use it.  A pox upon their houses.  Leland
> refers to accidents, what has there been since Three Mile Island, and how
> many refinery fires have there been in that time?  We cannot live in a
> riskless world.  If we try, the hidden risks of inadequate supplies will
> come back and bite us anyway.
>
> In my humble, but accurate, opinion, the left does not want us to be strong
> and independent.  If we were, we wouldn't need them.

I wonder how the spent waste is going to get to said dumping grounds?  On
trains that run through suburban neighborhoods and cities that have the
bridges necessary to cross rivers?

I live in one of those cites and I know how STUPID the typical driver is.
They are not going to wait for the train to pass when the guards are just
coming down.  This happens oh at least every 3 months.

When that carrier car tips over what happens then?

Now let us really think this through.  Do yo really think that you can STORE
very toxic material for thousands of years?  We cannot think straight for 25
years into the future but suddenly we can do it for this?  I beg to differ.

Put it in salt mines! there is no water there!   It's NOT TO CORROSIVE down
there is it?

We need to learn to live differently, don't you agree?

Why do you think that you are ENTITLED to a personal version of the Status
Quo.  When some action within the world changes your factors you get all
protectionist.

How come you can demand hundreds of billions of infrastructure at the drop
of a hat, yet leave teh financial sector alone because they have run the
investment side of petroleum into a geyser of money flowing into THEIR
pockets?

I don't get you folks at times.

--
Stephen Russell