Taking this all on face value:

> 1)  Attended Columbia University where he majored in Political Science
> with a speciality in Internal Relations.

He was preparing to be a politician.

> 2)  worked at Business International Corporation and New York Public
> Interest Research Group.

The first one may have been an actual job. The second one is a
political advocacy group == not a job.

> 3)  Community organizer for three years from June 1985 to May 1988 as
> director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP).

Community Organizer == Not a job. Work, but not a job in the real-
world sense.

> 4)  Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel
> Foundation, a community organizing institute.

Community organizing. Politics, not a job.

> 5)  Entered Harvard Law School in 1988.
> 6)  At the end of his first year at Harvard Law School, was
> selected as
> an editor of the law review based on his grades and a writing
> competition.
> 7)  In his second year he was elected president of the law review, a
> full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and
> supervising the law review's staff of 80 editors.
> 8)  Obama election in February 1990 as the first black president of
> the
> Harvard Law Review.
> 9)  Graduated Harvard magna cum laude with a J.D in 1991.

These things are very impressive. Again, not jobs, but incredible
accomplishments nevertheless.

> 10)  Worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley &
> Austin in
> 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidley_Austin -- prestigious firm -- he
deserved it with those academic credentials. However -- one year?

With scant research, the second one appears to have had significant
connections to Chicago machine politics and the Clinton
administration. Still looking into it.

> 11)  Authored a book titled Dreams from My Father published in
> mid-1995.

 From what I hear, he can write.

> 12)  Obama directed Illinois Project Vote!

Politics -- Work, but not a job.

> 13)  Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law
> School for twelve years, as a Lecturer for four years (1992--1996),
> and
> as a Senior Lecturer for eight years (1996--2004).

He taught law without having actually *practiced* (much)? Sounds
familiar. He still taught after he was no longer a member of the
Bar???? Can that be right? Same below...

> 14)  In 1993 Obama joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a
> 12-attorney law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and
> neighborhood economic development...

Political.

> 15)  He has served on a number of Board of Directors and Foundations.

Political.

> 16)  He has worked in the Illinois State legislature for four years.

That's "worked."

> 17)  He has run a campaign to become the Democratic nominee for
> President of the USA.

It was an impressive campaign by any standard.

His life is politics. His work is politics. His successes are
political. Little or none time of his academic or professional career
doing anything else. He is a great example of my belief: We don't
elect good, qualified people, we elect the best politicians. He is
pretty in the presidential beauty contest.

All of it is interesting to watch.