>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_ford

>imo, it seems like it's always bad news for Ford.  I personally think
>their quality hasn't been Job #1 (as their commercials used to tout) for
>years, their models haven't been as nice as the foreign cars for many
>years (although some are decent), and the don't hold their value for
>anything.  They're basically worthless when you go to trade them in for
>your next car.

Nah, they are "too big to fail".  Big Brother is going to take more of our
money and bail them out... probably not doing anything about the ridiculous
union contracts that are driving the company to bankruptcy.  I've had several
Fords and they weren't too bad, although none have been econoboxes.   In fact,
it's been many years since I've had a furrin car, and except for a few,
wouldn't have one in my garage.

--
Larry Miller

multipart/mixed