Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2008, at 10:10 PM, Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:
>

>> I can't answer your question, because God goes far beyond my feeble
>> understanding of things.  God is speedy, because he has created, and
>> is
>> managing, a universe that might take billions of light years to
>> transverse, yet God controls it all instantaneous.
>>

>       And you see nothing wrong with that as an explanation?

Can you explain the mysteries of the universe.  Einstein's theories shed
some light on how the universe works, but his work is far from a
complete explanation unifying our understanding of everything.  We as
humans do not understand the universe.  If we don't fully understand the
created, how can we understand God, (eg the creator); because, God would
be more complex that his creation (eg the universe).

To often people and religion try to package God into a nice, neat
nutshell, and say "OK here is God in his entirety.  This is our God.",
but God is far to big and  complex for that, nor can any person or
religion posses or rule over God.  God is the ruler and he makes himself
available to everyone.  God has revealed to us what we need to now, but
he certainly has not revealed everything.

>>>     This 'God' is obviously much bigger than anything I can imagine,
>>> such
>>> as the universe. So if you're willing to accept the notion that this
>>> 'God' always was, surely it's a much smaller leap to accept that the
>>> universe always was.
>>>
>> The universe was not alway here.  God created the universe and perhaps
>> many other thing unknown to us.
>>

>       Again, you state this as some sort of "fact", but ignore the actual
> question.

God's word states God created the universe.  If there is no creator of
the universes, then can you explain the origin of the universes?

>> I'm not trying to place blame or find fault.  The universe, and all
>> things known and unknown, are God's creation.  It is God that has no
>> beginning, ending, or creator.  God is, God always has been, and God
>> always will be.  God is the Alpha and the Omega.
>>

>       But when something screws up, God blames that thing and has no
> problem condemning it to be tortured for all eternity. And you have no
> problem with that.
>
> -- Ed Leafe

My God is a loving and forgiving God.  I screw up everyday.  I have
period of doubt.  I have even denied God and pushed God out of my life
from time to time, but God did not condemn me nor will he torture me for
all eternity.  I had to  confess my mistakes, (eg sins), and be truly
remorseful about them, and all was forgiven by God.

If your son makes a mistake, would you condemn him or torture him.  You,
as your son's loving parent, would continue you love your son; although,
you might hate the mistake your son made.  In time all would be forgiven
and forgotten by you, and your son would learn from his mistakes.

The God  of my understanding is not out to get any or out to punish anyone.

Regards,

LelandJ