From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ajoy Khaund
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:53 AM
To: Profox
Subject: Vfp6 to Vfp9 Sql Group By

Hi All,

I need some advice (maybe not a great day to ask as its weekend for many but
since I am at it) on a query which has a group by. I am getting some fields
from the Product master and the stock qty from productlot table.

Vfp6

Select a.prodname,a.iunit,a.avgcost as
unitcost,sum(b.balunits),a.productid,a.categoryid,a.convfactor;
from Products a, Productlot b;
where a.productid = b.productid;
and b.balunits > 0;
group by 5;
order by 1 into cursor View1

Vfp9

Select a.prodname,a.iunit,a.avgcost as unitcost,(Select sum(b.balunits) from
Productlot where productid = a.productid) as
balunits,a.productid,a.categoryid,a.convfactor;
from Products a;
order by 1 into cursor View1 Readwrite
Select View1
Delete for balunits = 0

*I did not want to make the query very complicated so I decided to include
zero values in the query and then delete them. (Any Comments ????)

OR

Select productid,sum(balunits) as balunits;
from Productlot;
where balunits > 0;
group by 1;
order by 1 into cursor View1a

Select a.prodname,a.iunit,a.avgcost as
unitcost,b.balunits,a.productid,a.categoryid,a.convfactor;
from Products a, View1a b;
where a.productid = b.productid;
order by 1 into cursor View1

Both will solve the purpose. Is there any better way to do this. In

TIA

Ajoy Khaund
Neamati Road
Near Bhogdoi Bridge
Jorhat 785 001
Assam, India

Tel: 91-376-2351288
Cell: 91-94350-92287
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
both are frozen."
- Edward  V. Berard, "Life-Cycle Approaches"

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---