-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Stephen Russell
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: parse xml alternative ways

I have a column in a table that is like a vfp memo.

I have XML data stored there that will pull off and use all over the
place in our apps.  I have to identify there is any value in the
production.shipping attribute.

XML data looks like so:
<specialInstruction>
<section id="customerSuppliedShippingAccount"></section>
<section id="customerCare"></section>
<section id="finance"></section>
<section id="production.general"></section>
<section id="production.inventory"></section>
<section id="production.packaging"></section>
<section id="production.prePress"></section>
<section id="production.printJob"></section>
<section id="production.shipping">Package in Non-Mimeo Packaging; Use
appropriate FedEx Packaging</section>
</specialInstruction>

Currently I pull the data into ram, stuff it into the DOM and then do this:

XmlNode packageNode =
Node.SelectSingleNode("/specialInstruction/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'production.shipping'
]");
                                        if (packageNode.ChildNodes.Count > 0)
                                        sishipping.ShippingText =
packageNode.ChildNodes[0].Value;

I may have 3, or 5 rows of this type of data to iterate through, in
that I can have 5 different Special Instructions attached to a single
order.

I just need the shipping data.  This is the same extraction I use for
the top line "customerSuppliedShippingAccount"

Any other ideas?

TIA

--
Stephen Russell