On Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:50 PM Michael wrote:

>Likewise, I'm looking for recommendations on handheld barcode scanners
you've used in the past with great success, as well >as printers for
delivering barcoded tags onto these pallets of wood.  Client wants to
staple them onto the wood bundles and >then use that for scanning
through the plant as well as for recounting.  I had pitched the use of
RFID tags a few years
>back but I don't think they want to go that route due to expense (or
fear of it not working as well as a simple stapled
>label).

In my previous job, at a defense contractor, I worked with Symbol
scanners and Zebra printers.  They worked pretty well with a VFP app.
BTW, we also did RF tags that was fun to play with... HTH!

David L. Crooks