On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:39 AM Stephen Russell wrote:

>http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/07/BUCS126BML.
DTL

>So Oil barrel price has fallen by 20% but prices at the pump by 9-11%
WTF?

>Why will airlines fight to bring you in but oil companies keep it
inflated and not undercut one another?

>Is there something totally illegal about how the oil products sold in
America don't behave like all other goods and
>services?

I agree that the gas prices are a mess.  I don't think folks would be
talking about it as much if the prices were consistent.  Last night, I
filled up at a Sheetz (independent dealer) and paid $3.999 a gallon and
the Exxon across the street was at $4.299 for premium.  I remember in
the 1970's "energy crisis" where my social studies teacher said it takes
like 6 months for the oil get to the states from the middle east.  Yet,
the local gas station increases there prices right away based on the
current price of a barrel of oil.

YMMV

David L. Crooks