Paul McNett wrote:   I could see using tinyint as the foreign key. May
even be a great idea  for no expense. And if/when you needed to grow it to
regular int, you  could do that without data loss.  And if you are doing
tinyint as the foreign key, you may as well do it  in the lookup table
too.  But, as I said, not really worth spinning lots of cycles on.  Paul

That's what I've done in my latest design.  I'm trying to make sure the
types are matching though, so the PK type and FK are of the same kind of
int.