A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.  Like so many
others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and she
was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a
feeling she openly expressed.  Based on the lectures that in which she had
participated and on the occasional chat with the marxist professors, she felt
that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he
thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the
rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed
objectivity proclaimed by her marxist professors had to be the truth, and she
indicated so to her father.

He responded by asking how she was doing in school.  Taken aback, she answered
rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to
maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was
constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other
people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really
have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is you friend Audrey doing?"  She
replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she
never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA.  She is so popular on campus;
college for her is a blast.  She's always invited to all the parties, and lots
of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she has a hang over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and
ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a
2.0?  That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA, and certainly that would be a fair
and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired
back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades!  I've
invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing
toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently,
"Welcome to the Republican Party!

On Wednesday, November 5th, Vote for Barack Obama

Right Wing Mike
http://www.cafepress.com/rightwingmike