Hi all

Thought I'd just share this with you.

I've been messing with a "simple" project for weeks, all the customer
wants to do is stamp a pdf with the name of the person it has been given
to.
You would not believe how much hassle this has been

I've just found a tool called pdftk which is a command line exe for pdf.
http://www.accesspdf.com/index.php?topic=pdftk

*       Merge PDF Documents
*       Split PDF Pages into a New Document
*       Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
*       Encrypt Output as Desired
*       Fill PDF Forms with FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms
*       Apply a Background Watermark
*       Report on PDF Metrics such as Metadata, Bookmarks, and Page
Labels
*       Update PDF Metadata
*       Attach Files to PDF Pages or the PDF Document
*       Unpack PDF Attachments
*       Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
*       Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
*       Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)

Pdftk allows manipulate PDF easily and freely. It does not require
Acrobat, and it runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Solaris.

Looking at this all I need to do is copy the existing pdf to a temporary
file
Create a pdf with the watermark
Run pdtk tempname.pdf background stamp.pdf output newfile.pdf
Send the file
Delete the temps

How cool is that!

ps not affiliated in any way shape of form with the author either...!!
Disclaimer ....Neither do I accept any liability for loss, personal
injury or hurricane ike as a consequence of the use or non-use of
otherwise.

Graham Brown
CompSYS Software Solutions
t:0845 202 8480