More about this lovely little lefty get-together:

http://tinyurl.com/6lbpc2

- - -

In bringing professor Khalidi to Morningside Heights from the University of
Chicago, Columbia also got itself a twofer of Palestinian activism and
advocacy. Mr. Khalidi's wife, Mona, who also served in Beirut as chief
editor of the English section of the WAFA press agency, was hired as dean of
foreign students at Columbia's SIPA, working under Dean Anderson. In
Chicago, the Khalidis founded the Arab American Action Network, and Mona
Khalidi served as its president. A big farewell dinner was held in their
honor by AAAN with a commemorative book filled with testimonials from their
friends and political allies. These included the left wing anti-war group
Not In My Name, the Electronic Intifada, and the ex-Weatherman domestic
terrorists Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers. (There were also testimonials
from then-state Senator Barack Obama and the mayor of Chicago.)
- - -

- Bob