From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ed Leafe
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 8:58 AM
To: ProFox Mailing List
Subject: [OT] The aftermath

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/03/opinion/03krugman.html
( -or- http://twurl.nl/1kvrfe )

        This is something I talked about months ago: that no matter how
overwhelming a victory Obama has, there will be a large chunk of the
right that simply will not accept it.

Also, the Republican base already seems to be gearing up to regard
defeat not as a verdict on conservative policies, but as the result of
an evil conspiracy. A recent Democracy Corps poll found that
Republicans, by a margin of more than two to one, believe that Mr.
McCain is losing "because the mainstream media is biased" rather than
"because Americans are tired of George Bush."

        These are the same people who want to spread democracy, but refuse
play by its rules. They say they love America, but they hate the
Constitution. They say they honor the American Dream, but now that
they're here, don't want anyone else to share in it.

-- Ed Leafe