Different strokes for different folks.

>> Why go through the unnecessary network overhead?<<

Loader apps work well *most* of the time, but there is one reason I like a
mechanism (manual or
automated) to kick people out of the app: it ensures they are running the
current one. Case in
point: rogue workstation leaves local app running and never restarts the loader
to get fresh copy
from network. That one workstation is running previous business rules and
corrupts data. Sure I can
put a version checker into every app operation, but for me that is unnecessary
overhead for most
apps when a quick kick out works.

If the app is 24x7 you need the architecture to update on the fly. In those
cases you probably won't
be using a monolithic EXE anyway.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.