Steve Ellenoff wrote:
> Has anyone run into problems with html formatted emails not looking
> right in Outlook?

HTML email never looks right, and I recommend not sending it! Send plain text!
Email
was ever only meant for plain text. If you have a snazzy page to show your
recipients, *link* to it from the email.

> Specifically I am not seeing the background image appear, but all the
> other html elements look fine. I'm specifying the image using CSS,
> and it looks fine on the website, ie, the email is generated as the
> same image that appears on the website prior to submitting their
> data. Has anyone else run into this kind of thing?

It is probably a "remote image". IOW, you didn't embed the image into the email
but
you link to it with HTML. This is deemed insecure as sneaky marketers or
spammers can
tell if you received the email by simply checking their web server logs for a
specific image download.

> PS - wasn't sure to tag this as NF or not since the emails are
> generated by VFP, but it's not really about VFP.

I think this would be [NF], but am not concerned as the number of messages on
ProfoxTech seems pretty manageable these days...

Paul