Pete:

Be careful quoting the OT passages like this. In context, they describe the
law of Moses, which was in force when Israel was theocracy, and has been
transcended by a new law in Christ...keep in mind that the purpose of the
law was condemnation of the flesh--all of it, not just the gays and
lesbians. That is why it says in the OT that no one, none, have attained
salvation through the law--and none can have it without accepting the
get-out-of-hell-free pass of Christ's atoning sacrifice.

The law of Christ is a rather more spiritual proposition. You must love your
enemies, and do good to those who hurt you. On the surface this conflicts
with the OT stuff--but in reality, it's the same law on a completely
different plane. The former is about fleshly prohibitions and punishment for
transgressions... the latter about spiritual states-of-being or
"be-attitudes" to borrow a Catholic formulation, and their rewards.

In the flesh this is law is impossible... maybe you're struggling with the
flesh or afflicted by past harm, and that is why you are so eager to apply
the law of condemnation? Mote in your own eye and all that...

I say this with love, as a friend, but the spirit of unforgiveness in you is
strong, if not overpowering, and I suspect really afflicting you deeply.
Just be careful about this. I have suggestions I know will help for you
offline if you're interested.

> Since we do have separation of Church and state we should base our
> response to these people only on civil grounds. Male on male sex is
> medically dangerous. Where their dangerous activities impact the larger
> society, strict response is not only permissible, but mandatory.

This is a slippery slope used by the Left to justify all the vague
inferences of the public harm they concoct to justify their program of class
vengeance, masquerading as a love of the common good.

> All AIDS infected persons must be under a strict quarantine for the
> rest
> of their lives. We have already seen what self-regulation does,
> nothing.
> Those not AIDS infected could have civil unions as long as they stay
> away from kids and stop trying to call their outrageous behavior
> "marriage".

Obviously I don't support changing the definition of marriage, which is sort
of like changing the definition of "daytime" for everyone just to suit a
handful night owls; nor do I particularly oppose civil unions or
partnerships per se, if it's all about equal treatment under the law. The
whole reason this is an issue is because of the tax benefits given to
married couples. But again... if I could get the government out of
micromanaging social behavior via the tax code altogether I'd gladly have no
benefits to married couples over government sponsored largesse for
everybody. The latter, now in vogue with impunity, is the way of bankruptcy
and moral death (as we shall soon rediscover, and actually have been
rediscovering the last 4 years in particular).

One of many non-economic reasons I'm for the traditional tariff revenue
system. But alas, who will hear it?

- Bob