Michael,

> This looks pretty cool!  I was thinking about integrating M$ MapPoint
> into FabMate but this might be a better move...thanks, Kevin (and
> ultimately CB)!

Yes, it's a pretty cool idea. I wrote a scheduling module a while back that
used MapQuest to auto-generate directions for service techs, but that
doesn't work without the web so I thought about MapPoint. You can get a
developer kit for it pretty easily, but your users have to buy a license. It
is quite nice, actually.

Back then Google was an also-ran so I hadn't thought about using it instead.

Only catch for me that would prevent me from using it now is that Google
doesn't show the correct location for my home so I don't use it when giving
directions here to someone else. Not all the roads go through, either, so it
has people driving off a cliff on the way as well...

... but it will get better with time.

Kristyne McDaniel
http://www.kristynemcdaniel.com/blog
http://www.emryldadvantage.com/
http://www.mcstyles.com/

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't.... you are right.
 -- Henry Ford