On Dec 22, 2008, at 11:00 PM, Andrew Stirling wrote:

> What I'm trying to put across is that just because you put it online
> you
> can not wash your hands of it when the ISP goes bust.!!!
>
> No matter what you are responsible for the payroll.

        I think you are misunderstanding what services like Paychex and EDS
do. They were around long before 'online' was a common expression.
They are not 'ISP's. And if there is a problem, they are contractually
liable for the error; if you provided them your payroll information
accurately, your liability can be near zero. Gov't agencies also
prefer companies that use standard services like these instead of
every company doing things slightly differently.

-- Ed Leafe