Joe,
Oh the joys of programming - don't you just love it?

Dave Crozier

-----Original Message-----
From: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf
Of Joe Yoder
Sent: 23 December 2008 17:46
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: RE: Newbee - working with a programmatically created text box

Strange happenings - I added the nowait noclear clauses to the wait
window and everything worked.  Then I removed them and it still worked.
Apparently something was not compiling properly and making an editing
change fixed it

By way of explanation - the wait window is temporary for my convenience
in identifying the keycodes that I want to let through.  The code allows
approved characters through to the screen and displays the others in the
wait window.  The NODEFAULT prevents further processing of the keycodes
being discarded.

My "perverse" logic has been corrected - the logic flaw became obvious
when the code in the KeyPress event became functional.

I don't know if there is a connection - but since I got the KeyPress
event working,  every so often when I build he project I get a message
that the Classes.fxp file is open and the compile fails.  When I try it
again - all is well.

Thanks  - Joe