From: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf
Of Pete Theisen
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2009 3:07 PM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: [OT] Stupid law of the year goes to congressman Peter King (R)
New York

Geoff Flight wrote:
> Like so many gun-loving Americans you get in some sort of frenzy at the
> thought of a country that bans them. And then you look at the 50,000 gun

Hi Geoff!

OK, this doesn't break out the suicides, cops killing crooks, crooks
killing each other and crooks killing victims but rather includes them
all. Where did you get 50,000?

http://webapp.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

Total of 30,694. If 2/3 are suicides and some are crime related then
Michael's 11k figure is on the high side. This is for 2005, they have
fallen every year so they are less now.
--
Regards,

Pete