http://tinyurl.com/afzark

- - -
BAGHDAD -  Iraq's provincial elections have wrapped up without any reports
of serious violence.

Polls closed at 6 p.m. (10 a.m. EST) on Saturday - an hour later than
planned - after millions of voters cast ballots for influential regional
councils around most of Iraq. There were no reports of major violence.

Iraqi authorities imposed a huge security operation around the country that
included traffic bans in major cities and extensive checkpoints and
surveillance posts. The U.S. military also was out in force but did not take
a direct role in the election security.
- - -

Damn that George Bush for the immoral, doomed, failed, and strategically
disastrous ousting of Saddam Hussein and the obviously ineffective surge
policy.

We lost. We suck. The world hates us. How dare we give the oppressed
suffrage, it's not like we meant what JFK said about bearing any burden for
democracy. I mean, the Iraq war cost over five years almost half of what the
bailouts plus the stimulus bill will cost us in just a few months and the
stroke of our new immaculate Glorious Leader's pen. The irresponsibility of
it all!

</sarcasm>

- Bob