Stephen Russell wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Ricardo Aráoz <ricar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's see, if I'm bloody Theresa and my natural inclination is to wash
>> dirty feet, do you think it will not wash with god?
>> If you get to be a saint. Isn't it because it is in your nature, and
>> that is because he made you that way? Haven't numerous saints said that
>> it wasn't their merit, that it was god acting through them? And if it
>> works thus in one way it should also work in whichever other way.
>> Whatever I do is god acting through me, because he is almighty so how
>> could I go against his will?

> Wow your a saint because that is how you were wired instead of you
> wanted to be?

If I wanted to be, then it is because I was wired to want to be? I don't
know, is it so hard to understand the concept? AFAIK there are two main
sources to human behaviour, either you were born like you are (genes,
wired, things that come exclusively from your interior with no external
influence) or the medium in which you have moved (you know, bad
companies, education, parental love, etc). If it is genetic, then it's
what I was talking about. If it is the medium, then how can a fair being
blame you for something that is outside your control (and if you say
your reaction to the medium is whithin your control then its #1, genetic).
The possible third source for behaviour is chance/luck, but then again
why blame you for your bad luck.
If you propose the existence of an almighty god then he is responsible
for your wiring, your medium, and your luck, so take your pick.

> Well I think that you were wired that way to begin with, say vs a
> murder/rapist.  You heard the Spirit and you you followed what you
> were asked to do.  OK your a Saint.

If I heard the spirit it was because I was wired to hear(genes) or
because at that moment I was in a hearing mood (luck) and there was no
external noise to distract me (medium). But hey! I'm kind of stupid
(genes), so I'm probably not seeing the fourth source for human
behaviour. Please enlighten me.

> Your premise that you will just do it all by yourself without any
> communication between you and the Lord,
Man, communication implies (requires!) two parties sending and
recieving. If god will not appear in a perceivable manner then there is
NO communication possible.
If I want to say something to god then it is MY responsibility in the
communication process to make myself understood and heard. If god wants
to tell me something, then it is HIS responsibility to make himself
heard. After all you seem to want to give him all the power and no
responsibility at all. That is not how it works.

>  and then be granted all the
> perks to someone who actually listened.  Prayer is a conversation
> where you speak and you have to pay attention for the replys

Thats because poor little god has no power to speak out loud and let me
hear him properly. It is my responsibility to pray in a proper way so
that god may listen to me but it is not his responsibility to answer in
a way I can hear him. Poor little thing can not take all that much
trouble. Now can't he?

> So how many marriages you been through with this kind of thougt
> pattern?  It's all about you!

I'm in my second marriage. I spent a lot of time in between marriages
fooling around, ask your wife.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---