Paul McNett wrote:
> Kent Belan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a client that has moved his server to a remote IP.
>> He has been running my application several different ways but none are
>> working well.
>> We have tried logmein and vnc but both just run the app on the server and
>> don't allow multiple users.
>>
>> He as setup a VPN connection but it is very slow.
>>
>> How do you recommend a setup to run an VPF9 application from a remote
>> location.
>
> You'll get acceptable performance by upsizing to a database server such
as MySQL or
> Microsoft SQL, running your app locally, and being sure your users don't
try to pull
> all the records in the table at once.
>
> Otherwise, you could research setting up terminal server to allow
multiple remote users.

I agree with Paul, here.  That's how I've been designing my apps (to run
a VFP app locally accessing a MySQL database over the web) and they run
great.  Thanks again to Paul's MakeUpdatable.prg and Bob Lee's
conference session at WhilFest many years ago for pointing me in that
direction.