On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Ken Kixmoeller/fh
<foxh...@information-architecture.com> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:
>

>>> more fields..)
>>> Sally Jones    222-333-4444   222-333-4445
>>> Sally Jones                   222-333-4445
>>> Sally Jones    222-333-4444                   sjo...@hercompany.org
>>>
>>> Of course, I want them all to end up:
>>> Sally Jones    222-333-4444   222-333-4445   sjo...@hercompany.org
>>
>> Have you considered normalizing this instead?
>>
>> PersonID, ContatTypeID, Value.
>>

> Read the original post. This is a conversion program from this old,
> poorly normalized database to my brand-spankin' new system. I am just
> trying to dig out the best possible data to convert.
>
> Ken
----------------------------------

You answered your own Q.  As you percolate through the data, your
inserting to your normalized table that has a UNIQUE compound index.
You try InsertHere and if a catch you total to counter for a
GotThatValue concept.

When completed you can populate your new system any way you like.  If
need be you can flatten your normalized styled file anyway you wanted
it.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer