I have an HP 1000TX laptop that came with Vista Home.  In fact it seems
to be designed for Vista because there are XP drivers that are
unavailable.  I have it set up as to dual boot XP / Ubuntu.

It is by far my most useful laptop to date - and I have had about 10
over the years.

The problem I am having is that there is a power drain when I don't use
it.  If I go a full week without turning it on, it will not start.  The
battery is healthy because I use it at user group meetings for about 2.5
hours and it still has a charge after the meeting.

I googled around but couldn't find anything that would help with this
power drain.

Any ideas?

If I can't solve this, I will return it to Vista and use the Ubuntu CD
when I want to use Ubuntu - which is all the time except for Quickbooks
and logging into corporate networks.

TIA

--
Jeff