> So I'm just wondering who is to blame for this? (this should prove
> entertaining from the partisan republicans!)

Both parties over the last 40 years. I've always said that, and never
defended Bush's fiscal record.

That said, after Tuesday when the President signs this terrible bill, and
whenever tax cheat Geithner quietly primes the pump another $2 trillion to
bail out his tax cheat friends on K street, two or more of the following
become inevitable in the next 4 years:

- Double to triple-digit inflation (single to double digit already
inevitable)
- > 20% unemployment
- A major, if not world, war, probably involving China and/or Russia and the
ME
- a constitutional convention, where we lose what's left of our rights
- possibly a civil war and an assassination or two
- riots and civil unrest all around the world

Bush added $4 trillion over 8 years. Bad boy.

Over the next 2 years, of their own volition, and only because they can,
Dems are going to add $6.5 trillion. The whole approach is wrong, and will
only prolong the agony, and magnify its effects.

You can't blame the wars for this. Since 2003 we've spent less on war than
we will the moment Obama signs this 'stimulus' monstrosity on Tuesday. And
there's a $400 billion omnibus bill right around the corner... (like this
isn't an omnibus bill)

You can't blame tax cuts. They increased revenue to the federal government
(as they always do) and besides, you could tax 100% of income every year and
still not come close to paying off the overall national debt at the time
Bush took office.  Besides, Obama is touting a kind of tax cuts in this
bill, and hasn't explained "how we're going to pay for them". (Actually all
they are is robbing peter to pay Paul, giving non-tax payers tax "rebates")

Make no mistake about it: Obama is signing the Generational Theft Act of
2009 on Tuesday, but the consequences are going to visited upon us a whole
lot sooner than anyone thinks.

- Bob